Speed-dating, or express dating, is a fairly popular phenomenon in the West. However, we have an unusual trend is just beginning to take root. Speed dating takes place in the format of parties, where everyone comes with one goal – to make a new acquaintance. For a limited period of time, all participants have the opportunity to communicate with each other and make a first impression of each other. What tricks will help make a quick date successful?
How it works
You are more likely to meet your soul mate at a speed-dating party than to meet a potential partner on the Internet. At least, because the participants of such an event make more efforts. After all, you need to know in advance the schedule of quick dates, get together, muster up the courage to talk “live”, interest the interlocutor … Agree, this is more difficult than the banal “Hi! How are you?” posted on social media.
In addition, the undeniable advantage of express dates – live communication allows you to form an adequate image of a partner. It can be difficult to assess both the appearance and the character of the interlocutor through electronic messages.
Pros and cons of speed dating
A few minutes of communication is not enough to determine exactly which person is in front of you. However, it is often the first impression that turns out to be the most correct. True, it is not a fact that you will meet “the one” on the very first evening. Nobody gives guarantees.
In terms of security, there is less risk than meeting a random user from a dating site. The organizers ensure the confidentiality and protection of personal information.
9 best questions for a stranger on a speed date
Get ready for the party ahead of time. Pick up a few abstract questions that will help the person open up. By the way, it is better to think over your answers to them too.
Questions that will help determine the life goals of the interlocutor:
- What is your most cherished dream? What is stopping you from doing it right now?
- How do you envision your ideal day?
- What do you value most in friends?
- What question would you ask the fortune ball if you knew it would answer the truth?
- What real person (politician, actor, writer, etc.) would you like to have lunch with? Why?
Questions that will help to interest the interlocutor:
- When was the last time you sang by yourself? What about around other people? What song was it?
- What three character traits do you think we can match?
- Imagine your house is on fire. You have time to go back and pick up just one thing. What would you try to save and why?
- What are you most grateful for in your life?
How and where to meet a successful man for a serious relationship? (Video)
Author: Queens Club