From this it can be concluded that one must set goals. Only then will his life be filled with meaning and bring satisfaction and happiness. It must be borne in mind that even very modest achievements bring great joy to a person’s being. In addition, setting goals brings any of us any material benefits. Therefore, we can exist comfortably and allow ourselves some indulgences in the form of excellent rest and various purchases.
Every person has an idea in his head about what he wants to get from life. For example, someone really wants to change their appearance, and someone wants to grow spiritually. There are also individuals striving for travel and a carefree life. This list can be continued indefinitely, since how many people live on earth, there are as many desires. However, in the above cases, it is important not only to formulate the goal, but also to plan the steps that will lead to the goal.
And yet, people who don’t want to set goals for themselves often have reasons to do so. They cannot be called serious. For example, some are afraid that their plans will not be approved by others, while others set goals, but do not want to do anything to achieve them. Many simply do not have enough time to implement their plans. There are those who quickly run out of steam on the way to their desire.
In addition, they can still be stopped by the fear of change. When this happens, a person begins to experience negative emotions. And if a person nevertheless begins to struggle with his fears, he gets the opportunity to move forward quickly.
Correct goal setting
You need to know how to set a goal in life. This process makes a person calm and confident. Therefore, when a goal appears, a person can take control of the situation. Clarity of purpose makes it possible for any of us to experience enthusiasm.
In addition, we can soberly evaluate intermediate results and prescribe specific actions. When the goal is achieved, we get the opportunity to fulfill ourselves. And in order to achieve the goal, rely on the implementation of the points below.
Without this point, it is impossible to move forward. A person must be clear about what he really wants. To do this, you need to visualize your desire. This can be done in many ways.
- Draw your wish on a piece of paper. If you want to buy a car, then let the picture be pretty clear. To do this, use colored paints and pencils. In addition, at the very bottom under the image, write the parameters of the car, such as the year of manufacture, engine size. Place this sketch in a frame and hang it in the most visible place.
- Write your desire on a piece of paper. If you want to move up the career ladder, then describe in detail what you want to receive. Information should contain the number of working days, salary.
- Can you make a wish card?. People who have used this method say that it is very effective.
This factor significantly affects the achievement of the result. You must know for sure that you can fulfill the condition set for yourself. In addition, this condition must express a certain meaning and have boundaries. For example, if you want to fly to the moon by plane or get it from the sky, then this will be a goal that you will never reach. Therefore, the goal should be reasonable. You must have clear ideas about how you will act in order to fulfill the condition.
Due to the fact that you calculate in advance the energy and time costs, you will be able to understand the amount of work that needs to be done. As soon as you make any decision, immediately proceed to the calculations. For example, you wanted to build a house. Let’s say that you already have a plot, then you need to find out the cost of materials and think about other expenses. Some people, realizing that they will not be able to pay for the work of builders, themselves begin to build a house. The main thing is to calculate also your physical capabilities.
Remember that incorrect calculations can lead to the fact that you cannot achieve what you want. Then you may start having mental problems. You will be nervous and panicky.
Breakdown into subtasks
Any person experiences a certain fear before starting any business. This is a completely natural phenomenon. A normal person always feels his responsibility, so he is afraid in advance to do something wrong. When a global task appears on the horizon, then any person involuntarily begins to get nervous, because the question immediately arises before him – where to start? And here the answer will be this – first of all, you need to calm down.
Then you need to think carefully about how you will act. And then break the voluminous task into subtasks. Compare your goal to a huge orange. You can’t just put it in your mouth and eat it right away. In this case, it is most reasonable to first get rid of the thick skin. Then divide the fruit into slices and eat. And it is advisable to eat slices slowly and with pleasure.
The same should be done in the case of solving a large-scale problem. It must be divided into stages. It is best to do this on a piece of paper. Draw a work schedule. Be sure to consider their complexity. If the problem is cumbersome, then allocate enough time to solve it. This should be done so that you are not in a hurry and are not nervous if you do not fit into the time frame. After that, you will have to stick to the schedule and work tirelessly.
For example, a student will need to prepare for an exam and learn a large amount of information. Of course, this condition cannot be fulfilled in a few days. And if he divides his task into several parts, which he will master for some time, he will easily master the material.
Before setting any goal, you must consider attainability. Why waste time on a goal that will never be achieved? I think the answer is obvious.
Need first think well about the physical, moral and material costs, and only then proceed to the task. If you misjudge your capabilities, your goal will remain just a dream. Therefore, you need to take several steps.
- Count all your steps. The plan should be as clear as possible.
- Put desire at the forefront, and then gradually transform it. Ultimately, you should see the target.
- Mentally begin to carry out your plan.
- If you lack experience and knowledge, assess the risks.
So that you can fully understand how your desire is real, re-analyze all your internal options. To do this, you need to audit all the resources you have. Then, on a scale of 1 to 10, rate the achievement of the goal. Be as honest with yourself as possible. In no case do not forget that some obstacles may appear on the way to the goal. Remember: they can arise suddenly and significantly spoil the work begun.
Constantly check yourself for the correctness of actions and try not to stray from the given direction. In case things don’t go your way, develop a plan B.
You can achieve anything if you have certain traits in your character that allow you to move forward. Before you can begin to achieve a goal, you need to learn how to be persistent. Remember that this trait is almost the main factor that will allow you to achieve a lot in life. And then attract certain qualities into your actions.
- Confidence in your strength. Always soberly assess your strengths and weaknesses.
- Ingenuity. It will help you find a way out of any unfavorable situation.
- self-discipline help you keep yourself in check.
- self-control support you if you fail.
- Optimism will always tune in the right way.
- Humor support when you are scared or sad.
- Striving to be the best won’t let you give up.
- industriousness will help when you have to apply a large amount of force in a very short time.
- Sociability will help when you need advice.
- Kindness will set people up for communication, and by doing so they will support you morally.
Before setting goals, you need to think about how not to make a mistake. Eliminating errors, you will understand how to get the result and not lose anything in the process. Think about what could go wrong.
- In the unreality of execution. You should not dream that you will become a millionaire tomorrow without having a penny in your pocket today.
- In a narrow direction. You do not need to think about a career all day long if you set such a goal. It is necessary to think about rest, and about friends. Otherwise, you will simply burn out while you “fly” to your goal.
- Incorrect determination of the timing of the achievement of the goal. Once you set a goal, be sure to set aside the right amount of time to achieve it. At the same time, decide on the periods that you will need to eliminate force majeure circumstances that will definitely arise.
- Very often people get in the way of perfectionism. When a strong desire for order arises, this desire becomes obsessive. Obsessive states always interfere and you need to get rid of them.
- Fears and fears. As soon as fear begins to take possession of you, your psychological state will collapse, and this will affect your well-functioning work.
- Imposed goals can also hurt. Ignore the advice of unfamiliar and envious people.