Intuition rarely fails, and when it seems that a man has fallen out of love, it is better to play it safe and make sure of this with the help of a trusted source of advice and information, and not guess on the coffee grounds or peck yourself with unnecessary thoughts.
To address this issue, we turned to Tatyana Polchenko, certified business coach and psychologist. She spoke about:
- three signs that give out that a man no longer loves;
- what to do if it seems that he has fallen out of love;
- how to prevent the disappearance of love.
How to understand that a man fell out of love
How to understand that a man no longer loves? Three main signs that indicate that a man no longer loves you:
- A man avoids sex, there are always excuses. Annoyed when a woman takes the initiative with any bodily contact. At the same time, sex was present before and brought pleasure to both.
Sex for a man is the most important part of a relationship, such is his nature. And if we are not talking about physiological problems, then there is almost a 100% chance that the man no longer has feelings for her.
- A man often shows disrespect: makes fun of weaknesses, shortcomings and failures, especially in the presence of other people.
Carefully: this sign can also indicate a narcissistic personality disorder in a man, and in a woman – an inability to build their own personal boundaries. But if such behavior was not observed before, then it is definitely a question of the fact that love is gone.
- The constant irritation of a man to his woman, with or without reason. A sharp deterioration in his mood when you appear indicates directly that love is no more.
The same thing can be said about this sign as about the previous one. This signal will be especially true if there were no such mood swings before, or they were weakly expressed.
What to do if it’s about your relationship
If at least one of these signs appears, then you need to urgently contact a specialist (family psychologist, psychotherapist). Otherwise, everything threatens to end either with “sick” relationships – codependency, or separation and problems in the following relationship.
How to maintain love
Love and tender feelings in a couple do not disappear overnight.
- Love is a concept much deeper than lust.
- Lust – the value is temporary, and it passes, giving way to deep relationships in mutual understanding.
Unfortunately, many couples are built on passion and lust, confusing these feelings with love. And then, when the lust passes, in fact, there is nothing left that would bind these two people. That’s when they say “out of love.”
Here are some preventive measures you can take:
- Understand that love is not a feeling, but an action. The more a man invests in a relationship, the more valuable it is to him. Let a man take care of himself, “invest” in you emotionally and financially.
- Know and help meet the needs of your partner: to be needed, to be free, to receive recognition and gratitude from your loved one.
- Talk! Discussing all emerging issues and misunderstandings without scandals and claims is very important. Then there will be fewer fights.
- Respect yourself and your boundaries, love yourself and be your priority (yes, not children, not mom and not husband, but YOU are beloved).
- Develop yourself, your femininity and personality, engage in self-education, hobbies, careers.
- Learn the psychology of building happy relationships and apply it.