If your back hurts, it is clear that it is time to check the spine. But there are certain “bells” that should alert you even before a small nuisance develops into a real problem. He spoke about them in an interview with osteopath Vladimir Zhivotov.
1. Headaches. Our muscles are connected in chains, all of them are attached at one end to the scalp. If a person has problems with the spine, the muscles of the whole body will be loaded unevenly and frequent headaches will report this. Do not ignore this signal!
2. Protruding belly. Lowered organs can easily provoke and exacerbate back pain! The ligaments that attach to the spine and hold the bowel in place are stretched, which creates some tension. Due to the displacement of a large volume of organs to the lower abdomen, the pressure on the muscles that form the abdominal wall increases, therefore, the load on them increases. Result: the tension of the muscles of the lumbar region increases. So there are painful sensations in the lower back and an unnatural deflection of the back.
3. Uncomfortable to stand or sit straight. Otherwise, you can still say that a person loves various crooked poses. This is a direct indication of scoliosis. The body is looking for a comfortable position in order to least strain to hold the vertical.
4. Bad posture. The stoop and the head that has gone forward is an invariable companion of a sedentary lifestyle in men, women and even children, although only some aged people were previously bent. What do we get as a result? The already mentioned headaches, facial skin problems, poor mood, poor hair growth, decreased vision. And this is perhaps the most harmless consequences of incorrect body position.
5. Withers on the neck. It is generally accepted that the “widow’s hump” is an exclusively aesthetic defect that needs to be removed by a beautician or plastic surgeon. Temporary improvement, of course, will be. But the rough removal of the “bump” does not guarantee that it will not grow again. Because it appeared due to specific reasons – violations of posture, problems with connective tissue, wrong habits and lifestyle of a person. The withers are not only an external defect. When the mobility of the cervicothoracic spine suffers, we are dealing with a mechanical obstacle to the free circulation of blood in the vessels of the neck, which means a malnutrition of the brain, eyes and skin.
6. Asymmetry. The eyes are at different levels, one nipple is higher – the other is lower, asymmetrical folds on the legs and arms of babies, different sizes of the mammary glands in women, different lengths of the legs – these are the consequences of a skewed skull and the spinal column and the entire skeleton that unfolded, twisted after it. Pay attention to these features.
7. It’s hard to walk. Pain in the legs, bones in the feet, clubfoot, hallux valgus. The spine begins to bend from above – from the skull to the first vertebra and below. The feet complete this turn, so you can see from their condition how much attention the spine needs.
Be sure to contact a competent specialist. In children, before the end of puberty, it is possible to restore almost 100% of the spine and the skeleton as a whole. In an adult, all the bones are already formed, so the doctor, of course, cannot make the skeleton perfect. But on the other hand, he can balance the body so that a person straightens up, turns his shoulders, posture becomes better, blood supply to the brain and facial skin is restored. Naturally, this will significantly affect the appearance and well-being.
What I categorically do not recommend doing is using corsets to correct posture, stretching the spine with a loop, editing the atlas (especially with a machine method!), Buying a hard orthopedic mattress. All these measures are at least ineffective in improving the condition of the spine, and at the maximum they are dangerous, and I have seen extremely sad consequences more than once.
Specialist consultation is required.